Error updating mod
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Davio
Administrator

Jamaica
318 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  23:29:42  Show Profile  Visit Davio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brad, I am unable to update a mod. I have only tried it on 1 mod so I don't know if it's just this mod or all mods.

When I click to edit the poll mod, I fill out the fields, enter in the location of the new ZIP file, and clicked upload.

It starts to load and load and load, and it keeps loading and loading, then after a while it brings back the same upload form, with an error pointing to the New ZIP file text field, saying "This is a required field". But the field WAS filled in.

I tried this twice and same thing happens.

Maybe you shouldn't work on anything while you're not feeling well?

SnitzBitz.com Team

redbrad0

358 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2003 :  07:29:05  Show Profile  Send redbrad0 an AOL message  Click to see redbrad0's MSN Messenger address  Send redbrad0 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hehe,

I will try and look at the code today Davio and will try and get it fixed. I will post here when its fixed.
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0

358 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2003 :  19:46:01  Show Profile  Send redbrad0 an AOL message  Click to see redbrad0's MSN Messenger address  Send redbrad0 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey I just tried to change some mods. I downloaded the Poll Mod 2.0.6 and then updated the mod file with and without an attachment and everything worked fine for me.
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  00:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Davio has bad luck then
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Administrator

Jamaica
318 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2003 :  00:14:25  Show Profile  Visit Davio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Grrrr. I guess this just isn't working with Mozilla. That's the browser I am using. I never had that problem before. (Have I ever uploaded a file before using Mozilla?)

I'll use IE instead to upload it.

Oops, it happens also in IE. So it's not Mozilla. (Yaaa)

I'll take a look at the code when i gots some time. Maybe you're still not feeling so well.

SnitzBitz.com Team
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Administrator

Jamaica
318 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  04:34:23  Show Profile  Visit Davio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brad, I did some debugging. Line 343 in post.asp file is what is preventing me from uploading the mod.
If strFormOldFileName<>(strDBModFileName & strFileExtension) Then

strFormOldFileName = poll_mod-34-206~1.zip
strDBModFileName & strFileExtension = poll_mod-34-207.zip

From what I understand, the code is trying to determine if the file exists. If it does, then it adds a tilde ~ to the end of it. But the file doesn't exist since I am also changing the version of the file. So it figures I didn't enter a filename.

So it's not bad luck. It's brad's coding!!! lol

SnitzBitz.com Team
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Administrator

Jamaica
318 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2003 :  04:37:22  Show Profile  Visit Davio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have uploaded a post2.asp file in the mods folder. It's a copy of the post.asp file. So you can use that to test it.

I'm not sure what to do with the problem. If we allow users to upload a new file with a new name, what do we do with the old one?
Why don't we delete the old file before uploading the new one?

SnitzBitz.com Team
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Administrator

Jamaica
318 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  18:33:10  Show Profile  Visit Davio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Never mind. I fixed the darn problem.

SnitzBitz.com Team
Go to Top of Page

MasterAO

Sweden
20 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  21:37:11  Show Profile  Visit MasterAO's Homepage  Send MasterAO an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Davio, when I edited my mod and clicked on the submit button, it prints out the sql string instead of showing usual info. I guess you forgot to remove it when you had fixed the problem with editing mods.

Jan
###################
Visit the FR Portal
###################
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Administrator

Jamaica
318 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  10:12:26  Show Profile  Visit Davio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oops!
[Steve Urkel impression]
Did I do thaaaat??
[/Steve Urkel impression]

Thanks Jan!

SnitzBitz.com Team
Go to Top of Page

MasterAO

Sweden
20 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2003 :  18:57:34  Show Profile  Visit MasterAO's Homepage  Send MasterAO an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
[Big Guy Impression]
YEES!!
[/Big Guy Impression]

No problems, Davio .

Jan
###################
Visit the FR Portal
###################
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

© 2002 - 2008 SnitzBitz.com. All Rights Reserved.
Designed by Brad & Hosted by the Snitz community while Powered by Snitz Forums 2000