Guests  4
Page Views
   Today  649
   This Month  15297
   This Year  504422

All Forums
 General
 Error on Snitzbitz.com
 Can't post more than 400 characters in reviews?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

This is not a support forum for mods.
Please post all questions for MOD support at http://forum.snitz.com/forum/

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: Which search engine rhymes with boogle?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TestMagic Posted - 05/07/2003 : 16:00:50
Just submitted a review and got a confusing error message that I'd like to point out.

First, the error message say that no more than 400 characters are allowed in the title, not the review itself. Second, it'd be helpful if there were some notice that the maximum review size was 400 characters (might save some people some wasted typing). Perhaps even a countdown or character count (as I've seen on other sites). Actually, I feel 400 characters is a bit short. Third, when I went back to edit the review, all the data had disappeared. Fortunately, I kept a backup copy, so I didn't get too frustrated.

I think that's about it.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
redbrad0 Posted - 10/22/2003 : 09:20:33
I just changed it so you can have 700 characters in the review. Looking at most of the reviews, either people do not type a review or they tend to be short.
Davio Posted - 05/08/2003 : 10:36:45
I checked your third problem, but when I went to edit the review, the data was there.

Are you able to reproduce it? Try posting a test review (you can delete it afterwards) and then edit it and see if the data is not there.
TestMagic Posted - 05/07/2003 : 19:30:00
Okay, that's great.

Actually, I think reviews should be allowed to be pretty long--it seems it would encourage people to give more detailed information.

Anyway, at least 1000 characters or so seems pretty reasonable to me. There were a few more things I wanted to say, but didn't have the space to do so.

Thanks, Davio!
Davio Posted - 05/07/2003 : 19:03:24
I addressed your first 2 concerns.

I added a notice that thier is a maximum of 400 characters allowed for the review. Also added a small text box that shows the character count of your message.

I fixed the incorrect error message you got when you went over the allotted 400 characters and submitted it.

I will check your 3rd problem hopefully later.
Davio Posted - 05/07/2003 : 17:37:42
I will look into it TestMagic.

How many characters would you think would be enough? (not that I will change it but just want to know what you think)

© 2002 - 2008 SnitzBitz.com. All Rights Reserved.
Designed by Brad & Hosted by the Snitz community while Powered by Snitz Forums 2000